Friday, September 30, 2011

?The Reem? video series returns: Overeem and UFC hooked up for the fans

?The Reem? video series returns: Overeem and UFC hooked up for the fansThe Reem is ready to wreak havoc permanently in America.

With Alistair Overeem signed by the UFC, anticipation is building for his Dec. 30 fight against Brock Lesnar at UFC 141.

The latest edition of "The Reem" documentary takes us through the fighter's visit to the U.S., and the Las Vegas offices of the UFC.

He stops first in Los Angeles to scout gyms where he meets up with an old friend in former UFC heavyweight Antoni Hardonk. Then it's on to Sin City to meet with UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta and sign his contract.

Overeem is jacked to be amongst the best big men in the world.

"The UFC is regarded as the No. 1 organization. That's my drive. I love challenges," said Overeem (9:55 mark).

The rabid MMA fanbase was also a factor in Overeem giving up K-1 to fight exclusively for the UFC.

"I have so many fans asking me when are you going to the UFC? It's time for you to go there. So that was a factor," Overeem said. "When I think of the possible dream match ups and the whole thing that comes with it, I'm just very excited."

Fertitta agreed that fans were vocal about seeing Overeem in the organization.

"From the UFC's standpoint, one of the goals we have is that we wanna put together the biggest fights that we can for the fans. And I think when you look at Alistair, he's obviously one of the best heavyweights in the world and the fans are demanding it. They want to see Alistair fight the best guys," said Fertitta (12:00 mark).

The clash between the massive Brock Lesnar and the imposing striker could be one for the ages.

"The fight with me and Brock, that just all excites me. He's a big guy, I'm a big guy," Overeem said (13:30 mark). "He brings it, I bring it. That fight will not go the distance."

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/-8216-The-Reem-8217-video-series-returns-Ove?urn=mma-wp7546

Cincinnati Bengals Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers Chicago Bears Detroit Lions Green Bay Packers

No comments:

Post a Comment