Friday, November 12, 2010

Carson has critics? Herschel's next opponent lashes out at the haters

Scott Carson is angry. Are you thinking the same thing we are? Who is he?

Carson is the next guy in line on Herschel Walker's MMA journey. Apparently, the 40-year-old was shredded on the Internet over the weekend and is firing back.

"I'll tell you one thing. I’m a lot better fighter than the one I’ve been reading about on the Internet," Carson said. "This is a huge deal for me, a tremendous opportunity, but you’d think I was nothing going off what has been written by some of these keyboard warriors, who I doubt have ever stepped in a cage. It’s a lot easier to sit in front of a computer and talk [stuff] than it is to actually fight."

Coming off a loss in June, Carson is 4-1. That fight was his first since 2001.

"I was out a long time because of my back and I did rehab for a while," said Carson, who trained for years with Chuck Liddell before he joined Reign Training Center in Lake Forest, Calif. "I never thought much about not fighting again; I always wanted to come back."

The light heavyweight was waiting for things to fall into place before he made his return to active fighting.

"But I couldn’t do anything until I was 100 percent. Once I got healthy again, I got better the more I trained," Carson said. "I’ve helped a lot of guys get ready for fights while waiting for my chance. I had a few fights lined up before my last fight, but they all fell out for one reason or another."

Carson doesn't want to be written off simply because he's 40.

"They say I’m old at 40 but I don’t feel 40 and I certainly don’t look 40. I think I look 30 and I’m in great shape. I’m ripped, just like Herschel," said Carson.

"I’m going to be more ready for Dec. 4 than I have been for any other fight. I plan to shut up all the critics, each and every one of them. Let them write something factual after they’ve seen me on Dec. 4."

Quotes courtesy Strikeforce PR

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Carson-has-critics-Herschel-s-next-opponent-las?urn=mma-283566

Washington Redskins New York Jets New England Patriots Denver Broncos Arizona Cardinals Kansas City Chiefs San Francisco 49ers

No comments:

Post a Comment