Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Urijah Faber prepares for his first bout at bantamweight

In this video, former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber prepares for his first fight at bantamweight.

Faber takes on the myth that he is high-maintenance about his looks.

"The popular misconception about me is that I'm a pretty boy," Faber says in the final minute of the video. "I don't tan, I don't pluck my eyebrows, I don't shave my body. I wake up and throw on whatever is clean."

Faber will take on a much bigger challenge on Thursday night, when he faces Takeya Mizugaki at WEC 52 in Las Vegas. This will be Faber's first time fighting at 135 pounds, but as he has pointed out, he wrestled at 133 in college. We'll see on Thursday if he is still comfortable at a lower weight. 

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Urijah-Faber-prepares-for-his-first-bout-at-bant?urn=mma-283669

New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles Washington Redskins New York Jets New England Patriots Denver Broncos Arizona Cardinals

No comments:

Post a Comment